REDUCING RISKS INVOLVED WITH CANCER
- Get screened for breast cancer regularly.
- Keep a healthy weight.
- Exercise regularly (at least four hours a week).
- Limit alcoholic drinks to no more than one per day.
- If you are taking, or have been told to take, hormone replacement therapy or oral contraceptives (birth control pills), ask your doctor about the risks and find out if it is right for you.
- Breastfeed your babies, if possible.
- If you plan to have children after age 30, talk to your doctor about your cancer risk.
- If you have a family history of breast cancer or inherited changes in your BRCA1 and BRCA2 genes, you may have a higher breast cancer risk. Talk to your doctor about ways of reducing your risk.
HEALTHY LIFESTYLE APPS
Breathe2Relax is a portable stress management tool which provides detailed information on the effects of stress on the body and instructions and practice exercises to help users learn the stress management skill called diaphragmatic breathing. Breathing exercises have been documented to decrease the bodys fight-or-flight (stress) response, and help with mood stabilization, anger control, and anxiety management. Breathe2Relax can be used as a stand-alone stress reduction tool, or can be used in tandem with clinical care directed by a healthcare worker.WEBSITE/DOWNLOAD APP
The best way to fight breast cancer is to have a plan that helps you detect the disease in its early stages. The National Breast Cancer Foundations Early Detection Plan (EDP) enables you to be proactive about your health by reminding you to perform routine breast self-exams and to schedule clinical breast exams and mammograms, depending on your age and health history. You can also learn more about clinical breast exams, mammograms, risk factors, signs and symptoms, and how to perform a breast self-exam.WEBSITE/DOWNLOAD APP
The LIVESTRONG.COM MyQuit Coach application creates a personalized plan to help you quit smoking. Through a physician approved, interactive and easy to use app, youll evaluate your current status, set attainable goals and adjust preferences according to your needs. You'll finally be able to stop smoking.WEBSITE/DOWNLOAD APP
Manage your jam-packed life and keep your whole family in the loop with Cozia free online organizer and mobile app. Especially designed for busy parents, Cozi is accessible from any computer, mobile phone or tablet and because Cozi is shared, you only need one account for the whole family. No matter where or how you access Cozi, everyone will always be looking at the same information.WEBSITE/DOWNLOAD APP
Lose weight with MyFitnessPal, the fastest and easiest to use calorie counter. With the largest food database of any calorie counter (over 1.5 million foods), and amazingly fast food and exercise entry, well help you take those extra pounds off! There is no better diet app period.WEBSITE/DOWNLOAD APP
My Medical is a comprehensive record-keeping app for your personal medical information. It's the perfect replacement for unreliable paper records or various electronic systems that hold bits and pieces of your medical history. With My Medical, any and all information that is important to you is kept together in one place.WEBSITE/DOWNLOAD APP